June 18, 2009

White Chocolate Mousse

Restaurant: Attica (Victoria)

Recipe from Chef Ben Shewry (appeared on Attica website earlier this year)

2009 Rating: Number 16, 2 Stars

I really enjoy mousse of all different varieties, so when I came across this recipe on Attica's website, I knew I was going to make it one day. Thankfully I had saved the reciepe and now I can finally attempt it. I have some pomegranates in my fridge, so I think I'll put my own little twist on things. So here is the recipe, remember to check back for the results!

White Chocolate Mousse

INGREDIENTS

250gm white chocolate
250ml thickened cream (lightly whipped)
3 eggs (at room temperature)
45gm castor sugar
½ t natural vanilla essence

METHOD

Melt chocolate over water bain marie, then cool slightly. separate 2 of the eggs, reserving the whites. In a electric mixer place the two yolks with the remaining whole egg, vanilla essence and two thirds of the sugar. Whisk on high speed until sabayon is thick and pale.
Pour melted chocolate into sabayon- mixing quickly to avoid lumps of chocolate setting. Fold through cream. Beat egg whites and sugar in mixer with whisk until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate mix, refrigerate until firm.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Lovely! Is it a very sweet mousse? Looking forward to the results :)

Arwen from Hoglet K said...

Oo, sweet white chocolate and tangy pomegranate sounds like a great combination. I'll be watching for the results!

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

Hi Anita - It was pretty sweet, but the pomegranate was a great match to cut through the sweetness

Hi Arwen - Results are up now.....NO MORE WAITING!