December 20, 2008

Lake House

Dining Date: February 2007

2009 Rating: 28th

2009 Star rating: 2

Chef: Alla Wolf-Tasker

Location: King Street, Daylesford Vic


When we dined here over a year ago the scenery sharply overtook the dining experience itself. At the time, the Lake House was the number 1 country restaurant in Victoria. We decided to take one of our dear friend along for her birthday. It was beautiful and a perfect way to start off the celebrations. We went along for lunch, and althought the restaurant was not very busy at all, it was nice feeling like you were the only important customers in the whole place. As it was quite a while since we visited, I thought I would make this post very short and let most of the photos do the talking.

The view across Daylesford lake

***

A mixture of geese and ducks surrounding the back terrace of the Lake House. I couldnt help but pull the joke that they produced their own foie gras

***

Gorgeous poultry

***
At the time I didnt think I would be starting my own blog about eating at the top 100 restaurants in the nation and hence we didnt take too many photos of the whole experience. But we did take one snap of a dish at the table. Apologies for the lack of details, I was distracted by the cute ducks quacking outside, but I'll do my best to describe what it was.

Duck two ways

***
At the top left hand corner it was shredded duck meat rolled into a croquette style ball sitting on a very fluffy bed of mashed potato. Below there was more duck meat rolled into a crepe. It was a very nice dish from what I remember. I plan on visiting the Lake house again, to see how they have evolved and if the ducks are still quacking. But next time I will definately be taking much more photos, that way I'll have more to blog about. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! thanks for stopping by my blog. how did you come across it? good luck on your epic quest!

Anonymous said...

Watching ducks while eating duck sounds slightly spooky. The crepe sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Wow that view is stunning Maria! It takes the breath away and reminds me of the gorgeous lakes in the Finnish countryside.