December 14, 2008

I'm tagged, but I don't have kooties...I swear!

I've noticed around the place that lots of people have been playing tag. I secretly wished someone would let me play with them, just like the old days in the school yard, but I thought I was too new to join in. The great team at Hoglet K let me play and now I'm tagged!

So I'm supposed to divulge 6 random facts about myself and then tag others to do the same.....so here goes.

Six random things about Me!
1. Up until 3 years ago I had NO nicknames, now I have several, Maz, Mazzie, Mazzarati and my favourite....MoMo
2. I'm addicted to Iron chef, and can't wait for the day when WATER is the theme ingredient
3. I once lined up at Krispy Kreme for 1 hour and 45 minutes, granted I got cool badges, paper hats and loads of free donuts, but I think that was a little excessive
4. I've seen Ross Noble at the Melbourne comedy Festival for the last 5 years straight, and I'm still confused for 70% of his show
5. After years of procrastinating, I'm finally going to learn how to salsa dance!
6. Our little kitty Romeo was left on my mum's door step in a plastic bag........and we adopted him.

Now for the Tagged!

I've only been blogging for a couple of months, and haven't quite set up a network yet. I've been secretly reading other peoples blogs and gaining inspiration from them, so I thought that I would tag some of them and hence my secret is now out in the open. In all cases I think they are great blogs!

1. The impressive duo at Where's the Beef?, who manage to find vegetarian options at every place they eat.

2. Inspiring recipes at Nourish Me

3. The mysterious super hero at The Caked Crusader, will her identity ever be revealed?

4. Edible photography at butter sugar flour

5. A fellow Maria cooking up a storm at Maria's Food Fix

6. The long established bread and honey blog "a weblog by two girls who really, really, really love food"

Rules of tagging
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on the blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up

Romeo has gone green and upgraded to paper

7 comments:

The Caked Crusader said...

Thanks for tagging me! I will have a think - it will be hard to limit it to just six fascinating facts (yeah, right!)

The Caked Crusader said...

I have had a think and posted! I've also linked back to you

Cindy said...

Hey Maria (or should I call you MoMo?) - thanks for the tag! We are snowed under with holiday tasks and a backlog of food photos at the moment, so might not get to the meme anytime soon. However we have revealed 5 things about each other in a similar meme before - you can read them here. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. A Water Battle would be a grand sight on Iron Chef.

Romeo is gorgeous.

Now, I have done this (seven things it was when I did it last year - I like how these things evolve!), but, depending on how things go, I'll have a play when I get a chance.

Anonymous said...

What a fluffy cat, very cute!

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

Sorry Cindy and Lucy. I did do a quick search on your sites to see if you had been tagged before, obviously I would make a hopeless detective, but, I'd be good at eating all the donuts!

Arwen, Romeo is VERY fluffy, in fact we're thinking of shaving him, but then he wont be so cute anymore. Thanks for tagging me, I've had heaps of fun completing the task!

Cindy said...

Heh, not to worry - it took me some time to find that post myself. :-)