February 28, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Cannellini and Garlic Puree

chicken and cannelini bean puree2

There's nothing worst then having a hard day at work and then coming home to cook a complicated meal. For me, if its easy, takes less than 20 minutes to cook then I'm interested! All I need to do is train Daz to wash the dishes and then I'd be set.

This recipe is simple, straight forward and super quick. I make it from time to time when I have little inspiration and cant be stuffed putting effort into making our weeknight meal. The secret to this dish, if there is one, is to make sure that you have good quality chicken. Nothing worse then biting into a piece of chicken that doesn't taste like chicken. You could substitute the chicken for fish, pork or even some char grilled vegetables.

As you can see from my photos, I love pepper. So whenever I make this I add a generous amount of pepper, so much so that it should be called Grilled Pepper Chicken. For presentation purposes I probably should have used white pepper, but I've never one to be logical.

chicken and cannelini bean puree

Grilled Chicken with Cannellini and Garlic Puree
Serves 2

Ingredients

2 medium sized chicken breast, skin off
1 can of cannellini beans
1 medium brown onion
1 head of garlic
50 mL cream
olive oil

Method

1. Preheat oven at 180C. Break garlic into individual cloves, leaving skin on. Chop onion into quarters, leaving the skin on. Place in a shallow baking tray and toss with a little olive oil. Bake in over for 15 minutes, or until onion and garlic becomes soft.

2. Remove from oven, peel garlic and onion and place in the bowl of a food processor. Wash and drain cannellini beans and add to food processor. Add cream (if you would like to be healthy you can omit the cream and add a little extra olive oil). Process until all combined. Add a drizzle of olive oil until mixture becomes smooth, roughly 2-3 tablespoons. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Sprinkle chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper and rub a little olive oil into flesh. Heat grill pan until smoking and grill chicken beast. Depending on the size of the chicken breast it may take 5-8 minutes each side. Pay particular attention to not over cooking the breast. Once cooked, remove from pan and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.

4. To arrange on plate, add a generous amount of puree, add chicken breast and top with crispy sage (I couldn't be bother crisping mine, so just put fresh sage on top)

chicken and cannelini bean puree1

10 comments:

penny aka jeroxie said...

I love the look of that charred marks on the chicken....

Agnes said...

Grilled pepper chicken... mhmm... I love pepper! White pepper, phhfft. Black pepper is where it's at!

CC11 said...

Some of our favourite dishes have been the simplest - looks delish.

Fiona said...

Looks reasonable healthy enough!

Conor @ HoldtheBeef said...

Looks very similar to one of my lunches at the Australian Open. Nice and simple but very tasty. Healthy too!

Love roasted garlic :)

Arwen from Hoglet K said...

That mash sounds brilliant, and I love the way you don't have to peel the garlic until after it's cooked.

Sook said...

I love garlic! The chicken looks fabulous! Yum!

Adrian @ Food Rehab said...

I agree. After a buggered day at work, there's nothing worse than having to think of all the preparation of a complicated meal to then have to clean it all up! LOL

Nice choice, this looks very tasty indeed.

panda said...

i can't believe this dish only took 20 minutes to cook, i would've thought it would take you at least an hour to get everything pureed and on the table!

anyway, just wanted to let you know i’ve awarded you with the ‘one lovely blog’ award. pop by my blog to see what you need to do to pass the award along!

oak dining table said...

I definitely love this recipe! I Hope I can get the time to make this one.