March 30, 2009

The Ice Cream Trilogy: Ice Europa

Ice Europa
cnr Caville Ave/Surfers Paradise Bvd, SURFERS PARADISE

ice europa

For the final installment of the Ice Cream Trilogy we visited Ice Europa. When we bought our cones from here we were already full after eating at Absynthe bakery across the road, but more on that in a later post. I was feeling a bit too full and thought maybe I should give the ice cream a miss, but damn it...nothing was going to stop me from eating MORE ice cream. The display in the window looked way too inviting to just walk past, and by now I had seen ALOT of ice cream displays.

Ice Europa Ice Cream Freezer
Ice Ice baby

***
I went for the coconut and dark chocolate combo, I was aiming for the Bounty of the ice cream world. It was an awesome combination and the coconut ice cream itself tasted like an intense burst of the tropics, I LOVED IT! Sadly.....and not surprisingly, I managed to eat it before taking a photo of it. I think the scenario went a little like this.....camera - right hand, ice cream - left hand.....brain to mouth......"lick camera...take photos with ice cream....hang on that's not right.....oh forget the photos just eat the ice cream!" I did manage to take a couple of snaps of Daz's ice cream. He opted for Kit Kat and Nutella. Oh man did it taste good, the pieces of kit kat were tiny, so you got the full flavour of the kit kat without being distracted by the chewing that is required to eat large chunks of chocolate covered wafers. The Nutella was pretty good too, I know you can get a pretty decent Nutella ice cream pretty much anywhere, but this particular version had generous swirls of Nutella through out the scoop. The calories don't count when your eating someone else's ice cream...right?

Kit Kat and Nutella Ice Cream
Kit Kat and Nutella Ice Cream

***
Before Daz finished his ice cream, a strange yet cold figure appeared in his ice cream, no it wasn't a vision of the Holy Mary, but it did look human like. It had two eyes, a nose and seemed to be drooling. We decided to call him Squishy, but sadly he didn't hang around for long....Daz decided to end his life before global warming got the better of him. Sad, but someone had to do it.

Ice Cream Monster
Ice Cream Monster.....or strange eating technique?

***
I did a quick google search on Ice Europa and it looks like the Surfers Paradise shop is the only one around. I'm glad I managed to stumble onto it, it was a good way to end the ice cream journey. I hope you all enjoyed reading the Ice Cream Trilogy, I sure did enjoy eating it!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow... fantastic-sounding ice cream flavors! I got a kick out of "Squishy" haha

Chicagolandia said...

Wow - that looks absolutely amazing!

Arwen from Hoglet K said...

I suppose global warming is a very immediate problem if you're an icecream man! Sounds like great icecream place. I'm glad you didn't eat the camera instead of the icecream

jesse said...

Hahahahhaa, Squishy! Oh I love it. Mmmm, kit kat AND nutella? You guys certainly know how to live it!

April @ My Food Trail said...

Boo... I don't know what happened to the comment I posted! It has disappeared! Never mind, here I go again!

The icecream monster is so cute!! Mmmm... I am loving the sound of Kit Kat and Nutella. I am a sucker for all things chocolate!

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Hi,
I really enjoy your site and I feel like your information is very useful. I recently started a small food storage business and have created a website dedicated to helping people build up their emergency food supply. We were wondering if you would be willing to put a link to our site from yours. Our site is http://www.foodstoragedepot.com. Feel free to check it out and see what you think. You can put the link anywhere you feel that it would not distract from your own information. If this is something that you are interested in please contact me at this email address (taraivers@gmail.com) and we would be glad send you some of our product or you can pick an item from http://www.outersports.com. Thanks,
Tara

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

Hi Lauren - When Daz showed me "squishy" I laughed so hard that I almost blew ice cream out of my nose!

Hi Chicagolandia - It tasted alot better than it looked!

Hi Arwen - Thats what Daz thought, put him out of his misery before he turned into a puddle. I dont think the camera would have tasted as nice as the ice cream!

Hi Jesse - Kit Kat and nutella, chocolate on chocolate, the only way to live life to the fullest I say!

Hi DiscoveryMe - Don't know what happened either, maybe something to do with the computer virus that was going around on April fool's. lol. Nutella is one of my all time favorite ice cream flavors, just after cassatta.

Hi Matthew and Tara - I'm glad you enjoy the site, please stop by again!

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Yum! I've never seen Kit Kat flavoured ice cream and I would have definitely chosen that flavour. I wish we had one of these near us!

Anita said...

That Kit Kat Nutella Ice cream sounds just like my sort of ice cream!!!

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

Hi Lorraine - I've seen Kit Kat flavored ice cream in a few different places around Melbourne, but they usually have very chunky bits of Kit Kat, which I think spoils it.

Hi Anita - I dont know why they didnt think of these flavors earlier!

swamikapil205@gmail.com said...

You have discussed an interesting topic that everybody should know. Very well explained with examples.I have found a similar website ice cream cones visit the site to know more about gelatosupply.