November 20, 2008

The End of Interlude

The owner of Interlude, Robin Wickens, has decided to close his Fitzroy restaurant after 4 years of service. They plan on opening a new restaurant in the CBD and think it only best to invest their time and efforts into that venture.

At the moment, Interlude stands at position 40 in the top 100. I did not get a chance to eat at this establishment before it closed its doors on 25th October 2008 and I am deeply disappointed. Interlude has been highly recommended by people who have dined there, and has been a high performer for sometime. Robin Wickens has been compared to some of the molecular gastromy greats, I feel like I've been deprived of something special. My aim is to experience ALL 100 restaurants, I didn't think my task would be made easier by candidates disappearing into thin air.

All in all, I look forward to Robin Wickens' new venture and anticipate its entry into the list, even though I missed out on Interlude.

No comments: